The Tourisme et Handicap mark aims to provide reliable, descriptive information on accessibility to the places concerned as well as on relevant tourist facilities in those places. It also aims to develop suitably adapted tourist features that are well integrated into the facilities offered to the general public.
A museum and a farm in the heart of the farmland to better understand the relationships between man and his environment. Labelled as Musée de France.
Opening days :
- monday from 14h00 to 18h00
- wednesday from 14h00 to 18h00
- thursday from 14h00 to 18h00
- friday from 14h00 to 18h00
- saturday from 14h00 to 18h00
- sunday from 14h00 to 18h00
Prices & Payment methods
- Full adult price : 4€
- Discount rate : 2,50€
- : 11€
- Annual subscription pass : 10€
Description of heritage
Descriptif du parc et jardin
The museum sits where the Loire and Vienne meet so it’s one of the last woodlands to be flooded by both rivers. 7 species of rare animals maintain 4 hectares of meadows on the conservation farm in a Nature 2000 site.
Descriptif du musée
The Ecomusée du Véron between the Loire and Vienne hosts exhibitions exploring the region’s heritage, art, history and archaeology.
Descriptif du site et monument historique
The museum lies in a tuffeau stone farmhouse in the Véron woodland and its exhibitions explore the region’s heritage, art, history and archaeology.
The museum sits where the Loire and Vienne meet so it’s one of the last woodlands to be flooded by both rivers. 7 species of rare animals maintain 4 hectares of meadows on the conservation farm in a Nature 2000 site. Join the family on a walk through the meadows to meet the animals and go back in time at the museum. At each stage you can observe, handle, experience and more.
- Film projection room
- Fully equipped meeting room
- Bus parking
- Between the Loire and the Vienne rivers, the Véron eco-museum is located on a farm that is typical of the Véron countryside, built up on a hill to avoid floods. Ancient breeds of domestic animals (cattle, goats, sheep, horses and donkeys) maintain the 4 hectares of pasture. Indoor exhibits present the various aspects of local heritage: history, expertise, nature.
- Handicap access
- Maximum group size: 200
- Minimum group size: 15
Average duration of the group visit: 01h30
Average duration of the individual visit:01h30
- Specific theme activities
- Adult workshop
- Junior workshop
- Temporary exhibitions